Red Cedar Symphony Names Alana Henkel Laufman Executive Director:
The Board of Directors of the Red Cedar Symphony Orchestra (RCSO) has selected Alana Laufman to be its Executive Director after a multi year search process.
Alana Henkel Laufman is a northwestern Wisconsin-based oboist and English hornist. Her English horn orchestral playing has been praised as "impeccable" by Claude Gringas of LaPresse in Montreal, Quebec. She currently performs as a substitute with the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra, and has performed with the Pronto Musica Orchestra (Montreal), Erik Hove Large Jazz Ensemble (Montreal), Orchestre Interculturel de Montreal, the American Wind Symphony Orchestra (Pittsburgh, PA), Detroit Symphony Youth Orchestras, and at various venues in Madison, WI. She has also taught band and choir in Willow River, MN and Mora, MN. She holds her MM in oboe performance from McGill University and BM in education from UW-Madison.
Alana is a graduate of Rice Lake High School, class of 2006. She and her husband just moved back to Rice Lake, and are expecting their first child this summer.
Please join us in welcoming Alana to the Red Cedar Symphony.
2016-2017 Red Cedar Symphony Concert Season:
Concert in the Park
Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 7:00pm, Rice Lake Veterans Park
Click here to watch a slide show of and listen to the Red Cedar Symphony's performance of the Concert in the Park
Saturday, November 12, 2016, 7:00pm, Chetek Lutheran Church
Sunday, November 13, 2016, 4:00pm, Bethany Lutheran Church
- Hebrides Overture -- Mendelssohn
- Maple Leaf Rag -- Joplin, arr Schuller
- The Entertainer -- Joplin, arr Schuller
- Ragtime Dance -- Joplin, arr Schuller
- Polka and Fugue from Schwanda the Bagpiper (with organ)
- Toccatta in G Major -- Dubois (organ solo)
- Symphony No 3, Movements 2 & 4 -- Saint Saens (with organ)
Saturday, April 1, 2017, 7:00pm, To Be announced
Sunday, April 2, 2017, 4:00pm, Bethany Lutheran Church
- "Allegro" from Eine Kleine Nachtmusik -- Wolfgang A. Mozart
- "Nimrod" from Enigma Variations, Op. 36 -- Sir Edward Elgar
- "Prelude" from L'Arlesienne Suite No. 1 -- Georges Bizet
- Pirates of the Carribean -- Hans Zimmer, arr. Ted Ricketts
- Symphony No.5 in C minor -- Ludwig Van Beethoven
I. Allegro Con Brio
II. Andante con moto
III. Scherzo. Allegro
Visit here for a review, recordings, and images of the 2016 Spring Concerts
2016 RCS Spring Newsletter:
Read the 2016 Spring Newsletter here.
New Policy! Youth may attend Red Cedar Symphony Concerts free
The Red Cedar Symphony has
instituted a new program in which any youth under the age of 21 may
attend our concerts at no admission charge.
Email us for further details.
Join us at the concerts!